CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Queen :Laura Mansfield 05

my draft
of
heartache



There she is;
whose heart did rust.
She laid it out;
did him entrust.
Who brought her water, even when
its oil she sought, to quench this flame.
~
It seems of naught, she thought and thought;
to try explain; erase such pain;
Who had worried much, which way was right
but, knowing now, the pain, its name;
~
For the rusting heart, should only ache more
given water to cure its pains;
She waits atop the mighty hills;which call out;
hear the echoing name?
~
It calls out from the heights of time;
it cries for help... can you hear it?
Oh this queen from distant lands-
she hopeth for him that cometh from the same!
~
Alas, my love, you speaketh my name;
I pledge to you my heart, though caged...
see it now - put to the test
For now - at best - when looking in
you see it rusted, and wasted; not as beautiful as
~
I whisper, yes
I do confess
to have loved another.
Yet he brought me water,
out of rough terrain; through hills of ice.
~
I now must give
this sacrifice.
~
But its just a heart, its not all that I have
what you search for...
is beautiful still...
For I have not exposed it; to the winds
called time or change
~
I have waited
my king... for you
who knoweth treasure
what I bring...
~
who bringeth water
but not to her heart
doth require instead
her spirit.
~
which dieth quite the harsher
longer death.
~
For in it
no trace or sign of night
not rest; nor element
enough to scathe.
~
The water and the air...
would perhaps be welcome there.
What killeth my heart,
it is true...
as I surrendered...
almost.
~
they have not gotten past
through the rusting
caged gate
they might have learned
the beauty that waits...
~
her spirit wandereth
ever still
amongst the rolling ireland hills
searching for the end
such fate;
~
still alive
deep within
barely breathing
as he is looking in
the heart is hardened
but still it beats
~
he looks at her...
the treasure .... keep
...
she sees it there...
seems far away
this journey so far
for this first day.

0 comments: